Shutters on windows and doors are synonymous with the Hamptons look and whilst a space can be minimalist to some degree, colours and texture from throw rugs, cushions, floor rugs and artwork are incorporated to ensure a sense of coziness is not lost!
Image credit: Beechwood Homes NY
Hamptons style works well with open plan living spaces cleverly divided into ‘rooms’ by furniture placement. High ceilings and large windows mean light filled rooms that seamlessly flow from inside to out embrace the beachside lifestyle.
Classic styled furniture such as generous sofas covered in neutral toned fabrics are a must as are lamps with shell detail or simple neutral coloured shades. Shell pendant lights are pretty easy to find these days and can make a statement!
Cane furniture – rattan or wicker can be incorporated to give the style an earthy, grounded feel. To add a touch of glamour, add a chandelier or a little bit of glitz with a mirror or two.
A large array of products from Sareen Stone’s range of natural stone and porcelains will fit into your Hamptons look but we highlight 3 of our favourites below that will really set the tone for this design style:
1. Porcelain Timber Lookalike – Rovere or Rovere Palissandro
- Rovere Timber lookalike porcelain tile offers a lighter palette reminiscent of a sandy beach. It is available in a finish suitable for interiors and one for exteriors. Being a tile it is easy to maintain and perfect for high traffic areas.
- Rovere Palissandro is a darker timber lookalike porcelain tile available for interiors and exteriors.
2. Crema Vialle Alfresco Limestone
Crema Vialle Alfresco Limestone is worth your consideration for a Hampton Style exterior as it offers a neutral base with warm ivory tones and has excellent slip resistance.
3. Crema Vialle Premium Limestone
Crema Vialle Premium Limestone will complement any design style but will sit right at home in a Hamptons styled interior. With timeless ivory tones, this limestone offers the perfect backdrop for textured rugs, colourful cushions and large furniture.