Today many traditional style homes have maintained their facades but once through the front door, a more contemporary, open plan interior emerges. However, if you are also dreaming of traditional style inside then here’s a few tips to consider:
- Intricate details are an important design criteria in traditional style
- Ornate ceilings and trims are the order of the day
- An understated look that ensures function, comfort and classic styling
- Everything has its place – leaving a feeling of calm
- Very few surprises as everything will be arranged to go together
- Accessories are plainly coloured but embrace texture
- There’s no pops of colour – at best small florals or paisleys can be used for soft furnishings, drapes or accessories
- There will be rugs
- Timber furniture is king with a dash of antique or possibly modern replicas of popular vintage pieces
- Wood panelling, built-in cabinetry and fireplaces are quintessential for traditional style
- Pairings are an important feature for example, matching sofas, chairs, tables, lamps, and accessories
- Reflecting earlier innovative design, curved wing backed designs are popular for sofas and chairs in traditional interiors
A large array of products from Sareen Stone’s range of natural stone and porcelains will fit into your Traditional look but we highlight 3 of our favourites below that will really set the tone for this design style:
Crema Perla Marble
Crema Perla Marble is elegant with subtle creamy tones. This marble will provide both function and beauty to a traditional style bathroom, laundry or kitchen.
Silhouette Grey Cobblestones
Silhouette Grey Cobblestonesare a practical choice for a traditional style driveway or pathway as they are durable and easy to maintain.
Palissandro timber lookalike porcelain tiles
Palissandro timber lookalike porcelain tiles are the perfect tile for a traditional style interior especially when you want the traditional look of timber but a modern, easy to maintain option.